Terms & Conditions
Please ensure that you read the terms and conditions of enrolment before submitting a registration form. These rules apply to all
pupils, including those who currently attend classes.
- Fees are based on a minimum of 10 lessons per term. Fees will be reviewed annually. Payment is due before or by the first week of term.
- Late fees will be subject to a 5% monthly excess charge.
Accounts paid during the 1st week will be discounted as listed at the bottom of the invoice.
Any accounts still outstanding after the first two weeks of term will incur a 5% interest charge on the full amount of the invoice.
Unfortunately any accounts outstanding at 5 weeks will be sent to a debt collection agency acting on my behalf.
- If the teacher is unavailable to give any scheduled lesson, and a supply teacher cannot be arranged, the lesson will be carried forward to another date. If this is
not possible, any fee already paid will be refunded. There will be no reduction in fees for lessons missed by the pupil.
Notice to Leave
- Half a term’s notice is required if a pupil will not be continuing with a class. Failure to do so will result in half a term’s fee being charged.
- Inclement weather
- In the event of inclement weather the school will follow local school decisions as to whether to close. Please check local media for details at the time. In the event
of classes being thus cancelled please note that these classes will not be re-instated or refunded at a later date.
- The school cannot undertake any responsibility for any money or articles left behind after classes.
- All pupils must wear the correct uniform for each class. Hair must be tied back at all times. Ballet students should endeavour to wear their hair in a bun.
- Pupils are expected to conduct themselves in a disciplined manner whilst attending classes and be respectful to both teachers and fellow pupils at all times. This
will ensure the safety and well being of everyone.
- Mobile phones must be turned off or switched to silent if brought in to class.
- Parents should be aware that due to the nature of dance it is necessary for the teacher to use physical contact when training young dancers.
- Pupils may on occasions be photographed or filmed during class and performances. By taking part in our school activities you are agreeing to this happening, unless
you have otherwise informed the school in writing.
- St.Ouen's School of Dancing reserves the right to amend or alter these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
- Urgent Medical Care
- In the highly unlikely event of your child requiring medical care:
- In the event of accident or illness, the St.Ouen's School of Dancing will make every reasonable effort to contact the parent / guardian immediately. However, if
unavailable or precluded due to an acute emergency the school will secure emergency medical care for the child and provide a safe environment.
- Signing the agreement on the registration form will be taken as full and informed consent and agreement to these school procedures by the parent or guardian unless
otherwise advised by them in writing.
- This consent is based upon the parent / guardian's full awareness of the special dangers and risks inherent in participating in
dance, which may include physical injury or other consequences arising or resulting from the programme.
- Being fully aware of the risks, the parent / guardian consents to their child’s participation in the programme and agree to hold
St.Ouen’s School of Dancing and it’s staff blameless in any event.